Saturday, November 4, 2017

Grateful #4- Brokenness Welcome Here

Image may contain: one or more people

Today, I'm thankful for this Facebook post from a former student of mine.

Mark 2:17: “I have not come for the righteous, but for the sinners!”
Jesus didn’t come for the perfect. He came for those who are broken, weary, and burdened. His church is not a gathering place only for those who have it all together, but also a sanctuary for those who need refuge and renewed strength. I’ve struggled with my brokenness for as long as I can remember, because I’ve been broken for as long as I can remember. I went through a period where I gave up on Jesus and Christianity because I didn’t think it was for me. I was too far gone, too lost, and I felt I could never be “good enough” to step inside a church, or talk to the God who created this beautiful earth. I didn’t think I was worth His love, healing, or grace. I wanted desperately to share His love with the world, but I refused to accept it for myself. I was too broken. But that’s not what the Bible says. That’s not what Jesus is about. He came for the broken. He came for the sinner. He came with the message that no one was ever too far gone. He opens His arms wide and says “Your brokenness is welcome here.” He make beautiful things out of broken things❤️ 


You don't have to look too far to find brokenness. For me, all I have to do is check the news on my phone, consider some of my "relationships" with people or search my own heart. Brokenness is thriving. 

It's no wonder why. Jesus warned that we have a real enemy who is sowing seeds in the world that bring forth a harvest of brokenness. That enemy is here to "steal, kill and destroy." We also have our own humanity to consider- whose default mode is to glorify and serve itself instead of worship a Perfect Creator and love the people and things He created.

So we live each day with broken hearts, the jagged edges of which, shred the people we are supposed to love. 

So today I am thankful for this post, which encouraged me that Jesus has an answer to all this brokenness. He's standing at the door of our broken hearts, knocking. And I am so grateful for this sweet girl who has opened the door and invited Him in. I'm challenged to do the same. Sweet friend, let's let the healing begin. 


No comments:

Post a Comment