Sunday, June 12, 2011

Sweet Baby Boy

Usually, when I come home for a visit, I'm excited to spend time with people I know really well. I don't usually think of Fayetteville as a place to meet new people. It's a place to enjoy the familiar and sink into relationships that are already broken in, and just enjoy them for a little while. But, this trip, there is one exception. There's a new man in my life, and I wanted to spend a little bit of intentional time getting to know him while I was here this summer. His name (I think) is John Palmer Kells and I'm told he is about the size of a banana at the moment. I've seen a picture or two of him, and from what I can tell, he's going to be a cutie. I won't officially know until October, but I know that to me and his very excited parents- he is already precious.

Since I won't be able to be here for any official showers to celebrate baby Kells, I wanted to do something special for Lacy while I was here, so our friend from college Tracey came up on Saturday for lunch and a little celebration. Where there is chocolate, there is a party, right? Here are some pics from the day.


I made these cupcakes, even though Lacy & John aren't 100% certain that baby boy is going to be named, "John Palmer." Maybe seeing the name on cupcake flags will help them become more certain. :)


Lacy has spent many hours at the pottery place downtown. She made me a complete set of dishes with mine and Andy's story written in Latvian for my wedding present- best Latvian gift ever. So when she wanted to spend some time painting pottery to hang on the walls in the nursery, how could I resist?


Lacy's picking out plates- nice side shot of the baby bump.



Lacy & Tracey got to work right away! I needed a little inspiration, so I looked through some books for ideas.


I found some owl pictures in one of the books and decided to have a try at painting an owl for John Palmer,since I love birds. I'm not an artist by any means, but this was fun and relatively easy.


Tracey painted this boat, which was perfect for her, since she's a Coastal Carolinian.


And this tree was done by John Palmer's very excited Momma.



Even though you can't see it in this picture, Lacy is, in fact, barefoot and pregnant.

No comments:

Post a Comment