Thursday, June 30, 2011

Welcome to Texas

My mom, dad, and brother came to Austin for a few days. We traveled to San Antonio on Thursday by way of San Marcos (shopping) and Gruene (dinner at the Gristmill) to meet Andy and welcome him home. Friday we visited some of my favorite places in Austin and had dinner at Black's Barbecue in Lockhart (best brisket ever). Saturday we all went out to Fredericksburg for the day and drove over to Luckenbach, which was not at all what I expected. Sunday we went to church at the Austin Stone and heard an incredible sermon, then went to the Gospel Brunch at Stubb's BBQ, then kayaking on Town Lake. Monday we visited Waterloo Records and Book People before saying good-bye. I loved spending time with my family in North Carolina and back here in Texas, and I cannot wait to see them again. I love you guys so much! Thank you for being such wonderful travelers, friends and support to us. My only regret is that I didn't take more pictures.


Dancehall in Gruene, Texas


Mom and I pose outside of the Gristmill. Notice I am holding the first of many of the weekend's boxes of leftovers!


We got to Mt. Bonnell on Friday at mid-morning, to try to avoid the heat of the day. Mom, Dad & Grant are climbing the 106 steps to the top.



It's so good to have Andy back home!


Since Dad accidentally cut our feet off in the previous picture, Andy and I took this one to make up for it.


Andy and Grant checking out the camping gear at Whole Earth Provision Company, and Grant, of course, avoiding having his picture taken.


After church on Sunday we went to Stubb's Gospel brunch which was delicious. But I was too busy eating to take any pictures!`But after all that food, it was time for some exercise, so Andy, Grant and I went for a kayak trip on Town Lake. Andy got brave and took a turn on this rope swing.


Grant is being outdoorsy!


Grant, Andy & Austin


Andy's early birthday present from my mom and dad- two camping chairs from Cabela's. Hopefully we'll get to use them somewhere other than the living room this summer. :)


Andy & Dad enjoying the extra space to watch TV.


Comfortable. :)


I love you guys! Already miss you, come back and see us soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment