Tuesday, September 21, 2010

On a lighter note...



Ok, I have to share these. Some friends sent us a wedding gift in the mail. They have a year according to the etiquette guru, Ms. Emily Post, so they are right on time.

When I opened the box, I was shocked. I managed to escape getting barraged with Texas gifts back in the winter, but to everything there is a season. And this season brought a pewter platter with Texas on it, encircled in stars!

I teased Andy and told him that it was his new Texas belt buckle (he already has one that says something about being "Texan by the grace of God.") Since everything is bigger in Texas, I teased him about this being an upgrade to the one he already has.

I told him he needed to pose for a picture with his new belt buckle and Daisy insisted upon sitting next to daddy for the shot. Then Gats wised up to things and wanted to be in a picture too. It was all pretty funny, a good moment to laugh before heading out into the world today.

No comments:

Post a Comment