Friday, September 24, 2010

What do I know of Holy?

I was riding down the road a few days ago, and heard this amazing song from Addison Road.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6J5TzSE_18

Isaiah, a favorite right now, saw a vision of God in his lifetime. He saw the angels around the heavenly throne singing, "Holy, holy, holy."

Isaiah's response? "Woe to me! I am ruined!" His reason was because he was a "man of unclean lips." Isaiah and I have a lot in common.

Isaiah, a prophet, dared to speak the words God gave him, regardless of the cost. But, as much as was revealed to him, I imagine he maintained that humility recorded in chapter 6. He knew that only the Lord's mercy kept him from being "ruined" by the holiness He witnessed.

The Jehovah I know speaks a mighty word. A word that requires a response. That's what I know of Holy. Beyond that, I am still learning, on my face asking every day for Him to clean my lips and purify my heart.

That's what I know of holiness. It has nothing to do with me. It's His words and my response to them. It's His blood and my freedom in it. That's all I've got. It's new every day.

What do I know of holy?
What do I know of wounds that heal my shame?
And a God who gave life its name?
What do I know of holy?
Of the one who angels praise?
All creation knows your name.
On Earth and Heaven above
What do I know of this love?

No comments:

Post a Comment