Saturday, January 5, 2013

Pic of the day- January 5, 2013

Today's pic marks the end of six months of conversations where I say to Andy "I really need to join the gym..."

I, like millions of other Americans, am trying to take better care of my body as the new year begins. I'm excited about starting classes at Gold's Gym- especially Zumba and Body Flow, and I'm thinking of trying one of the cycling classes too.

 I want to stretch my muscles regularly, tone up and get my heart rate up- but the main motivation is stress relief. I'm really trying to make some changes in my stress level this year. The past two years have been really unhealthy in terms of my stress level.

I'm thinking of Matthew 11:28-30 often these days, "Come to me all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”
After two weeks off work, I'm not feeling too weary and burdened right now, but with school and BSF starting back up, I know that it's easy to become burdened. I've let work rule my life for a year and a half, and I can't do that again this year. I want to come to Jesus and take on His yoke, rather than trying to force things and work, work, work this year. I'm hoping that taking care of my heart, mind and body will help reinforce this relationship with Him. My goal is not to do more, but to do what matters- and that will hopefully mean change in several areas of every day life. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment