Monday, January 7, 2013

Pic of the Day- January 7, 2013

Today's photo comes to you courtesy of Preston Glace and Jack Horton- two of my AP Biology students. When I got my camera and was playing with the settings, I noticed that you could change things like the "aperture" and the "iso". Not really understanding what this meant, and not really wanting to take the time to figure it out either, I said to Andy- "I'll ask Preston & Jack- they'll know." These two shutter bugs not only have gifted science minds.... I think they had a 98 and 99 respectively for the semester in AP Bio  (and deserve every point) they're both very talented at photography and videography- something that keeps me entertained when I assign video projects throughout the year.

Anyway, they came in today after school, and I practically threw my camera at them. They helped me figure out a few things, and then they played a little with science and photography- what could be a better combo than that!? Thanks for being my stand-in photographers, guys. :)

This paperweight and prism sit out on my main table. Preston thought they looked like a good object to shoot, but I think it was Jack who said we needed a light. And it was me who got the copper wire and batteries for some circuit-making. Certainly not our first go-round with circuits in the science lab. :)

Let there be light!

Then, let there be diffraction.

No comments:

Post a Comment