Monday, November 13, 2017

Grateful #13- St. John's Preschool


Image result for let them be little
Today, I'm grateful for St. John's preschool. I was sick all day on Sunday, and was not enthusiastic about starting the week. But it was helpful to realize that this morning was a "school" day for Story. Her routine of spending nine to noon at St. John's preschool in Fayetteville has structured this season of life for her, Grey and me.

I've been amazed at how much Story has learned by going to preschool. At 2 1/2, she can count to eleven, sing the ABC's (sort of) and LOVES playing with other kids. I like how St. John's approaches learning. They send me a picture of their curriculum each week, and I like seeing the topics Story is being introduced to. It seems intentional, but not militant. There seems to be a firm grasp on the reality that these are little ones. and they are letting them be little.

I love that Story feels completely at home at St. John's. She loves to say hello to the man who helps conduct traffic in the morning. She affectionately refers to him as "whistle." She loves to push the button to be let into the front door. She walks into her classroom and confidently hangs up her jacket and "pack-pack" in her cubby. She smiles at her teachers on her way to the bathroom to wash her hands. As soon as they are clean, I kiss the top of her head and she takes a seat at the craft table and doesn't give me a second glance. I love that she feels so safe and at home that she doesn't even look my way as I exit.

Today, while Story washed her hands, I heard Hillsong's "Oceans" playing in the background. It choked me up just a bit. That song is so powerful. I spent last night working on my BSF lesson, and being reminded of the terrible reality of hell. Scary. In the wee hours, I prayed for my babies... that God would call them to himself early. I know I have no control over this, but I know that "faith comes by hearing" and so it encourages me greatly that an anthem of faith struck my precious one's ears as she sat down to make her craft today.

I'm grateful for St. John's preschool and how they know and love my little girl, and are introducing her to learning and, more importantly, to Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment