Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Grateful #14- I can't wait to get in there.

https://www.bsfinternational.org/

This morning, I was chatting with a lady in my BSF group as I walked down the hall of LaFayette Baptist Church. I had to make a pit-stop in the lady's room, but as I bid her a "see you in a minute," I thought to myself, I  cannot wait to get in thereThere is my BSF small group, a group of ladies from around the Fayetteville area who have been "thrown together" for a year of in-depth Bible study of the book of Romans.

When I was in Austin, Andy and I woke at 3:45 AM to make it to BSF leader's meeting at 5. You'd think we would have been slow at that hour, but... I couldn't wait. I couldn't wait to get in that circle and get down on my knees next to women of different ages, denominations and ethnic backgrounds, who were facing different challenges at different life stages. I couldn't wait to praise and thank and petition God alongside them.

When I'm working on my BSF lesson, I can't wait to feel the power of God's Word crash into my wounded life. I can't wait for His truth to restore me, refresh me, rebuke me.

When I attend a BSF lecture, I cannot wait to hear how God will speak to me through my teaching leader. Even though I've been taught for years, these passages seem brand new. Just as challenging and life-changing as ever. Knowledge accumulates like snow on a frozen heart, but God's refiner's fire has purified me each year. Every lesson is alive, and it brings life.

What's funny is that when I was first challenged to go to BSF in 2003 (by my mom, who insisted that I go as a sophomore in college or she would stop paying my bills), it was the last place on the planet that I wanted to go. But one Tuesday morning that year, Jesus himself reached out to me from the pages of a BSF lesson and told me that He was my Savior. And for the first time, I believed him. He has ever since been my Lord, and I cannot wait to be with other women who crave his pure spiritual food the way that I do. We cannot wait to get to BSF to taste and see how good He is.

Today, I am grateful for Bible Study Fellowship. Praise God for this organization that desires nothing more than to make His Name GREAT among the nations. When I'm in heaven, I think it will feel a lot like being at BSF. Lots of people from lots of different backgrounds who are just really excited to talk about God and His Word and His Son, Jesus. And, you know what... I can't wait to get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment