Friday, November 17, 2017

Grateful #17- Friends

This post is getting in just under the wire... but part of the reason I'm so late in writing is because I was spending time with the thing I'm grateful for- friends. Because it's so late, I won't say much, but I hope that doesn't belie how grateful I am for my friends.

I think it's fascinating that finding, making, and keeping friends is a life-long process. It's fun to watch Story make some of her first little friends. When she sees them at church or school or a play date, she gets really excited sometimes, and is shy other times. But without fail, she ends up squealing with delight once they start to share something silly together. It's funny how those patterns also apply to me when I get together with my friends. In the course of human life, no matter your age, background or social standing-  you need friends.

As I've gotten older, I've learned that it's not always easy to make friends, but that doesn't make my need for friends any less important. Maybe that's one of the reasons that I really cherish the friends that I have, both old and new. Friends are a precious gift. If you are my friend, please know that I am so very grateful for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment