Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Grateful #20- It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood


Four out of five days a week, Story, Grey and I go to Fayetteville. I'm one of the "rolling stone gathers no moss" types. But, once a week, we spend a day at home. We usually do this on Thursdays but since tomorrow is Thanksgiving Day, we're at home today.

We made pumpkin spice chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast and then took a walk down the street. It's one of those nice November days in North Carolina... so warm in the sun that we didn't need jackets, but not as humid as it could be. As we walked, yellow leaves came cascading down. Story wore rain boots and splashed in the puddles from last night's rain. Our neighbor stopped his truck to say hello and wish us a happy Thanksgiving.

I marvel at the simple goodness of days like today. It seems surreal that on a planet afflicted with sin's curse, I can walk down my street and feel perfectly safe.

What goodness today brings- the warm sun, the smiling neighbor, the houses with their trimmed hedges and aged trees, my daughter, my son,  and the chance to enjoy autumn's golden good-bye. Today, I'm thankful for this beautiful day in the neighborhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment